-->

Wednesday, 16 May 2012

V&A Ballgowns

Ballgowns: British Glamour Since 1950, a new exhibition celebrating British fashion design opens at the V&A Museum on May 19th - I can't wait to see it!

This exhibition of British-designed evening wear looks incredible - pieces by Alexander McQueen, Hussein Chalayan, Zandra Rhodes and many more will be on show, as well as dresses worn by the royal family.

 



Last summer I visited the Alexander McQueen exhibition in New York, and from the photos I have seen this collection of glitz and glamour is set to be just as good! I found it strange that the McQueen exhibition wasn't shown in England, so I'm very glad that this one is being held at the V&A, in London, the home of British fashion design.

The V&A is my favourite museum in London - it's an endless treasure trove, my favourite items being the historical clothing they have from all over the world. This exhibition ties in with the re-opening of the fashion galleries at the museum, one of many projects the V&A are currently developing to house their ever-growing collection of fashion and textiles. Next year, the new Centre for Textiles will open, which will be an incredible research tool for us costume and textile enthusiasts!

The exhibition is on from the 19th May until 6th January, see V&A website for more information.

I hope to visit this exhibition within the next few weeks - if anyone else visits, let me know how it is in the comments below!

I have also posted about the curator of this exhibition, Sonnet Stanfill, who was recently interviewed by Stylist magazine - see my post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment