-->

Saturday, 5 May 2012

Wardrobe Assistant for 'Summer Holiday'


This week I've been super busy working as a Wardrobe Assistant/Mistress for Green Room Productions, on their musical 'Summer Holiday'. I first worked with them last November on 'Oliver!', which was actually my first experience working in theatre.

I started this week off as an assistant, but in a sudden last minute drama, the Wardrobe Mistress fell ill and couldn't come in all week, so I was put in charge! A bit scary, but this gave me a fantastic opportunity to put into practice everything I've learnt working on different productions in the past few months. Luckily I had a wonderful helper so I wasn't all alone - I couldn't have done it all without her, and it was nice to teach someone else what I have already know about working with costumes.

I learnt so much about running a wardrobe department, and organising what to do during show week by working on 'Summer Holiday' - keeping track of quick changes, repairs, making sure everyone has the appropriate costumes etc. Every time I do a different work experience I realise how importantant and beneficial it is to gain insight into what your dream job is really like, and to start learning the skills needed to get there, so......

This week I'll be posting tips every day about getting work experience and what to do when you're there, to kick-start your career in the costume industry. Watch out for that, or follow me on Bloglovin to get daily updates.

(Green Room is an amateur dramatics group based in Potters Bar, just outside of London. See their website for more details.)

No comments:

Post a Comment