What do I do now that my work experience is over?
- If you haven't already, write down what you did and learnt in a work experience diary
- Say thank you to the company who have taken you on - send them a card, email or give them a small gift - keep up a good reputation and you might be invited back one day!
(Lovely, uniquely designed Thank You notecards from Almond Craft and a cute Notebook from Cabin Dreams)
- Let them know if you are interested in working with them again in the future, perhaps on a longer placement
- Try to keep in touch with your supervisor/manager as professional contacts in the industry will come in very useful when looking for a proper job
- Ask if you could use your work experience director as a reference for future job applications. Also, ask if they could write you a short letter that you could show to interviewers at other companies
- Follow up on what you have learnt - go to events, talks, exhibitions and enhance your learning further
- Keep an eye out for any more experience opportunities, and have them ready for when you next want some experience - possibly using the contacts that you made during your first work experience?
Here are links to the other 6 posts from this week, in case you missed them:
If you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer them, just write them in the comments below :) Follow me on Bloglovin for updates of future posts!