-->

Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Ballgown Sketches

Here are my sketches from my visit to the Ballgowns exhibition at the V&A - read my post about it here!



The exhibition contained a great variety of ballgowns - from the 1950s to the present day. I liked the vintage gowns as much as the modern ones, although they were very different to eachother of course! My favourite dress would have to be the Felicity Brown blue and beige one - the use of texture was stunning!

I would have liked the exhibition to be a little bigger, but if you are going to the museum to see the new fashion gallery for the first time as well, the two sections go excellently together and there will be plenty to see. I will be going back to the fashion galleries very soon to get a closer look all the fantastic pieces they have, spanning centuries!
 
Head over to the V&A website for more information. The 'Ballgowns' exhibition is on until 6th January 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment