-->

Friday, 13 July 2012

Cut-Out Ceramic Tealight Holders

During the last few weeks of school in May, I learnt to throw clay on the wheel (I also made dresses out of ceramics for my A Level Art project this year - take a look at them here!). It was really exciting, and different to anything I've ever done before. I thought at first it might be similar to using a sewing machine, using a pedal to control it and all, but I was very wrong! I'll just say that my sewing talent was not reflected in ceramics, but I did manage to make these tealight holders, with cut-out star shapes!

I did start off trying to make three identical pots, but as you can see it didn't turn out quite that way, so I made each one a slightly different shape to add a bit of character! I glazed them white on the outside, translucent blue-green on the inside - I love the way the inside glaze collected at the bottom and crackled...




2 comments: