-->

Monday, 2 July 2012

Ray Stitch - My New Favourite Fabric Shop!

I took a trip to Angel Islington this weekend, for an arty crafty shopping trip! I went to Cass Art and Loop before heading to Ray Stitch, on Essex Road, a beautifully and impeccably presented fabric and haberdashery shop, with the added bonus of a café!

Ray Stitch, the 'one-stop sewing shop', was opened by Rachel Hart in August 2011 following the success of her online shop.  It's a two-floor haven for textile lovers, stocking pretty fabrics of fantastic quality.

After a browse, I settled on buying some lovely floral print cotton to make a few cushion covers, and picked up some cute blue print and green dotty fabric to make some purses. I loved the vibrancy of the plain cotton, so I chose some blue and yellow to make some colour-block Circus purses for the Showtime Stitches shop - all lovingly cut and packaged I must say!


I also bought some cute measuring tape ribbon in pink, and some circus print one too. Ray Stitch have a great collection of ribbons of all types, colours, shapes, textures - anything you could dream of and very reasonably priced.



It's great to see a modern, fresh and inspiring haberdashery shop, one with good quality fabrics - much unlike those I usually go to in Edmonton and Walthamstow. Shopping at Ray Stitch was an entirely different experience - the staff are friendly, enthusiastic, and helpful and despite the excellent quality of fabrics, I didn't pay a fortune. Prices aren't that much more than what I usually pay for fabric half as nice, and I will definitely be buying more very soon (and maybe I'll by some cake next time too)! On my shopping list so far is this Papillon fabric, and some lovely Gold Lace Oilcloth. Ooooh and maybe some 'Belinda Sage' Floral Cotton Poplin.....or some fantastic Wallace Swell Ribbon?

I can't wait to visit Ray Stitch again - it's my new favourite fabric shop for sure!

Have a look at what Ray Stitch stock on their website, or visit the shop in person: 99 Essex Road, N1 2SJ (not too far from Angel tube station).

They also run sewing classes for small groups downstairs in their shop: go to the Ray Stitch website for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment