-->

Monday, 17 September 2012

Burberry Prorsum SS13 Womenswear - London Fashion Week

 
I was lucky enough to be given a ticket to the Burberry Prorsum Womenswear show at London Fashion Week, one of the most anticipated shows of the season, this year attended by Anna Wintour, Andy Murray, Harry Styles to name but a few. It was my first time at a Fashion Week show - and what a fantastic name to start off with!

Rather than taking place in the official showspaces at Somerset House, Christopher Bailey staged his catwalk in Kensington Gardens. Starting off in the dark, the space slowly lit up to start the show. The blinds descending off the clear roof, creating a light, fresh environment perfect for this Spring/Summer showcase.

 
This season, Bailey worked predominantly with jewel-like metallic colours: we saw plenty of bright, bold fuschias, maroon, gold and azure blue, standing out against the beige surroundings. Gone are the pastels of past seasons, this year we need powerful, statement colours!
 
 

It was all about the shoulders at Burberry this year - huge puff sleeves and structured capes paired with hot pant shorts exaggerate the shoulders and lengthen the legs. Not forgetting the typical spring/summer weather in Britain, Christopher Bailey also focussed heavily on outerwear - I particularly like this shimmering silver caped shoulder worn with an ombre green/turquoise dress - wonderfully simplistic and smoothly shaped, but still modern, with a strong and sharp edge.

 
And how could we forget that signature Burberry trench coat?! For the finale, the models walked out in a rainbow of bright metallic ones - my favourite colour would have to be the dustier metallic red, I'm not sure I could pull off the bright pink myself...
 
 
At first, I was a little disappointed with the lack of crazy set or scenery - the beige catwalk didn't  have much wow-factor compared to the magical snow at the last season's Burberry show. But, in keeping with brand's signature simple and elegant British style, the design was in fact very successful: it allowed the fantastically bright pieces to stand out, the clean white light highlighting every shimmer and every texture on every luxurious fabric.
 
What do you think of the show? Any pieces you can't wait to wear yourself? (Well, I mean the highstreet alternatives of course!) Personally, I'm impatiently awaiting next Fashion Week - I can't wait for my next show!
 
You can see what I wore to the show here: "What I Wore: Burberry Prorsum @ London Fashion Week"


No comments:

Post a Comment