-->

Monday, 22 April 2013

Blackwork Embroidery Sleeves

Here are a few photos of the sleeve embroidery in progress...


 
 
 
I have traced the pattern I had previously designed onto the fabric, without cutting the sleeve panel out just yet. As the fabric frays easily, it is important that while I am handling it a lot, there is plenty of fabric around the seam lines. I will only cut the panel out when the embroidery is finished and everything is ready to sew together. I am using black cotton embroidery thread on white cotton fabric.
 
Another quick photo of making the chemise - hand sewing eyelets on the front opening...
 
 
To learn more about the incredible wall paintings that are inspiring this Tudor costume, you can visit the Much Hadham Forge Museum in Hertfordshire: www.hadhammuseum.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment