-->

Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Les Liaisons Dangereuses: Finding Fabrics

This autumn, Term 1 of Year 2 (already!) at London College of Fashion, our unit is Period and Contemporary Menswear, with a focus on 18th century tailoring. The text we are designing for, which we will then realise one male character from, is Pierre de Laclos' "Les Liaisons Dangereuses" 1782. This costume design work has been keeping me very busy, here is a peek at my designing for the character of Danceny - a sweet and romantic, twenty year old music tutor who descends into moral chaos at the hands of the heartless Marquise de Merteuil and Vicomte de Valmont.

At the moment, I am trying to choose fabrics for Danceny's three piece suit. I have fallen in love with the deep blue wool, so I am trying to base the colour palette around that, while incorporating the excess of pattern and colour adopted by the uber-fashionable and wealthy Macaronis.



No comments:

Post a Comment