-->

Friday, 15 November 2013

Costumes for "Jewels" by the Royal Ballet

We are getting very close to the hand-in of our 18th Century Menswear and "Dangerous Liaisons" project for the first term of this year at LCF, so I apologise for not posting for two weeks! I have barely had a minute to sit down with my laptop, let alone write anything of substance... on top of school work I was working on costumes for the Sir John Soanes Museum with Sanya (see her blog here) and as a wardrobe assistant for "Grease" by Green Room Productions. At London College of Fashion we have also been preparing for our placements next term, and I am so excited to say that I will be going to New York for five weeks, to spend some time at the Metropolitan Opera! I have also been planning with the Much Hadham Forge Museum and I will soon start making the Tudor man's costume to go with the woman's costume I finished in the summer, inspired by original 16th century wall-paintings at the museum... clearly I won't be getting bored any time soon!

After these next two weeks at LCF, I will be filling my Christmas break with exhibitions - there are so many fantastic ones just opened! At the RA, V&A, National Galleries... I have also booked to see Matthew Bourne's "Swan Lake" at Sadler's Wells at the beginning of December, and "Jewels" at the Royal Opera House at the end of this year.

I have wanted to see "Jewels" for a long time, so I am really looking forward to it. It is the perfect New Year's ballet, with its beautifully opulent, shining costumes. Here is a peak at the three jewel variations:

 

"Jewels" is being staged at the Royal Opera House throughout December and into January - more info here.

I look forward to sharing everything from my projects from last week, as well as my upcoming adventures. For now, I have at 18th century man's coat to finish...

No comments:

Post a Comment