-->

Friday, 10 January 2014

Oksana Nedavniaya - Costume Illustrator

This week I've been reading 'The Night Circus' by Erin Morgenstern, a book that I have been dying to read every since I read the first two pages in a charity shop almost a year ago. From the first paragraph I was absorbed by the depth in character, setting, mystery and magic. I knew I would love the world Morgenstern had created in this novel and from a designers perspective I was instantly desperate to see the visuals realised as a film. Almost immediately this story made it to the top of my list of novels I dream of designing for one day.

It's not surprising then that I am in a bit of a circus mood at the moment! I absolutely love Oksana Nedavniaya's costume illustration style, and I was so happy to find her drawings for circus-themed film 'Water for Elephants':



Water for Elephants (2011) - Costume Design by Jacqueline Duran

Oksana's other illustrations are equally inspiring! She first developed her illustration work while at music college, choosing to focus her drawings on historical dress. Today, she works as a film costume illustrator.




To see more of Oksana Nedavniaya's work, go to her website, www.oksieart.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment