-->

Friday, 25 April 2014

ALEXANDER MCQUEEN: SAVAGE BEAUTY IS FINALLY COMING TO LONDON!!!!!!!

APOLOGIES FOR THE REALLY LOUD TITLE BUT YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM.

My favourite exhibition ever is finally making its way from New York to London. The record-breaking "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" will open it's doors at the V&A in Spring 2015, it was announced yesterday.


Back in 2011, I visited NYC with the wonderful Yolita (check out her fashion blog!). For months we had been planning our trip and top of the list of must-sees was the McQueen show at the Metropolitan Museum. We arrived just in time for the last weekend of opening. Luckily it had been extended a week, for us, of course! Or we would have totally missed this most incredible show.

We queued for six hours to get in. Sounds crazy, but it was 100% totally worth every single second. The exhibition collates McQueen's work right from his 1992 MA graduate collection to his last works completed in 2010 and is a vast yet detailed showcase of his amazing creations.

I am so excited to seeing this exhibition again. No doubt I will definitely make good use of my Membership card and go at least once a week!! I might even turn up with a picnic and just stay in there all day!!!

Here are a few of my sketches from my visit in 2011... to see more have a read of my post from around this time last year.




For more information and to book your tickets super early, here is the V&A exhibition page for "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" opening 14 March 2015 - 19 July 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment