-->

Sunday, 17 August 2014

The Tudor Lord's Costume Finished!


Two weeks ago I delivered the finished Lord Kytson costume to the Much Hadham Forge Museum! I am so happy to see the complete costume to compliment Lady Kytson's. This was a great opportunity for me to try my hand at making something new - Tudor male costume - and what was most interesting was sourcing and using fabrics that I could recycle from looking modern to looking Tudor style.

Here is the original painting I was working from. Lord Kytson is second from the right:


The doublet, with ruff tacked in place...




Trunkhose, made from recycled fabrics...


Loose shirt, with cuffs similar to ruff...


Now I just need to source some more suitable shoes and a feathered hat before we take some photos of both Lord and Lady Kytson together! 

Let me know what you think in the comments! And if you have a chance, definitely head over to the Much Hadham Forge Museum in Hertfordshire to see the amazing wall paintings that have inspired these costumes. More info available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment