-->

Friday, 10 October 2014

The Knitting and Stitching Show

It's been a while since I last posted. A long while. But, I'm not making myself feel guilty - I have plenty of reasons why... I was on holiday (which I deserved after a big year at uni!!) and then I was working, and then I moved house, and then I was working again, and then I started back at uni, as if the last three months off never happened!

Image from @twistedthread on Instagram
As a little gift from the costume maker I have been working for this summer, Anna Maria Genuise, I got a ticket to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Ally Pally. Anna makes fabulously beautiful tutus and wonderful costumes for opera, ballet and film - I will share some of what I have been doing with her in another post.

The Knitting and Stitching Show is a huge exhibition of textile arts and knitting and sewing supplies; a great place to find inspiration and materials for all kinds of projects. Personally, although I know how to, I don't knit, so I was mainly into the sewing side. There were plenty of beautiful designer fabrics to buy, haberdashery items, ribbons galore and much much more!

When I saw this beautiful fabric print by Heather Ross for Windham Fabrics, entitled Far Far Away, I simply could not resist...

Images from Windham Fabrics
I also bought a bit of Liberty fabric and some cute floral buttons to make myself a pincushion. It's about time I had a nice one! A few different ribbons, and most importantly... I came home with plenty of inspiration :D

The Knitting and Stitching Show is on at Alexandra Palace, London until Sunday. More information here - website

No comments:

Post a Comment