-->

Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Tudor Costume Progress

Since finishing my university projects I have been working on the next Tudor costume for the Much Hadham Forge Museum. It has really developed since I last had a chance to post about it. In fact, it is almost finished?!

Here are a few preview photos from the making process...

The doublet - black silk with velvet piping
The doublet - inside layers, canvas to give the silk support.
The trunkhose - waistband and panes
More to come soon...

Sunday, 15 June 2014

Finished Costume for 'Nosferatu', LCF Project

Somehow my second year at London College of Fashion is already over! We've handed in our plans and proposals for dissertations and final major projects for third year, which I can't believe I will actually be doing in a couple of month's time. I'm really excited to start my research though, I really like the topics I have chosen... (and I hope it stays that way! :P)

Last week we also finished our third term collaboration unit, where the Costume course and Make-Up and Prosthetics course join for group work. It's a really exciting time and so fulfilling when we have a full character realisation at the end.

As I explained in my last post (have a read here) I am designing and making for a female version of Knock from the 1922 film 'Nosferatu', as if it was to be remade by Baz Luhrmann. Our Knock is a madwoman escaping from a Victorian asylum. My design partner and MUA is Lily Brazier - she was lovely to work with and made a really beautiful wig! Her prosthetic wounds on the wrists were really convincing and wonderfully gross! Also thank you to Lucy Calder for being a great model!








I'm so glad to see this costume finished - I went through periods of loving it and hating it, but in the end I am really happy with the finished collaboration with Lily's hair and make-up. Our work came together so well, and I think it looks very convincing. Breaking down was lots of fun (aging the fabric that is, not me stressing!!). Over the long summer break I will post a few tutorials for different effects that I used, because I did find it quite difficult to find tutorials online... Next up, I will be finishing the Tudor Costume for Much Hadham Museum, and making a few things for myself and friends that I have been waiting to do for a very long time!

Oh, and also I'll try to have a bit of a break, but I'm not very good at that... :P