-->

Tuesday, 26 May 2015

Foundling Project - Final Major Project, LCF


I can't believe I am really writing this... I have finished my degree at London College of Fashion! For the whole of our third and last year, we have been working on individual projects. I chose the textile tokens in the London Foundling Hospital archives as my starting point. From my research I developed a narrative for a museum theatre piece set in the Foundling Museum, then designed and made costumes for two main characters. It was an incredible way to finish my time at LCF - definitely not easy, but I learnt so much. I am amazed at how much can be done in only a few months and how far an idea can develop and change. I could never have imagine this would be the outcome when I first considered this as my project 12 months ago...

You can see the full series of photos below...



This project would not have been possible without the help of some really amazingly generous and hard-working people. Firstly, I'd like to thank Lucas Button and Anjelica Barbe, my wonderful actors. Thank you for always being so enthusiastic, keeping me motivated and inspired, not only for this project but also for what will come after graduation!

Huge thanks to Stephen Maycock for his beautiful photography - you really have a magical storytelling touch and without you I couldn't have translated and preserved my story in photographs.

Thank you also to Stefanie Kemp for great hair and make-up, for this project and many others that we have worked on together over the last few years! To Charlotte Wainwright, thank you for all your help on photoshoot day. Without you we would probably have had corsets on upside down and breeches on backwards, and me lost somewhere in C Block!

Final photos, click for full screen...


Wishing all of my fellow LCFPerformancers the best of luck now that we are in the big wide world of graduates. If anyone is looking for a costume designer, please hire me! If not, please come to our exhibition anyway. It's in Shoreditch, 9th-13th June, more info here: www.events.arts.ac.uk . See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment