-->

Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Set Box - Les Liaisons Dangereuses

In second year at LCF, I designed a stage ballet version of Les Liaisons Dangereuses - blog post with my finished costume here. I really, really loved this project and still do, especially my concept: highlighting the fragility and dilapidation of the excess French aristocracy through the use of transparent fabrics, powder, mirrors and a set design evocative deceit and secrecy. A twist on an 18th century pleasure garden and French chateau interior, the set depicts a tangled web of lies and cracked hall of mirrors, lying almost like an untouched graveyard behind the uneasy baroque gate.

To practice my model making skills, here is a set box of my stage design, with my set design portfolio page below.



No comments:

Post a Comment