-->

Tuesday, 5 January 2016

2015 Round Up and Happy New Year!

Happy 2016 everyone! Wishing you all a fabulous year full of fun and fulfilling creative work! My 2016 is off to a great start - I have a good feeling about 2016, and big big plans too. I can't wait to share them soon...

Since graduating London College of Fashion in the summer I have had the chance to work on quite a few very different jobs. This has been fantastic as I have met many very interesting and inspiring people and continued to learn so much about the costume industry. I am so grateful that I find my 'work' so fun! How can you not enjoy making beautiful tutus all day long?!

In September, I was with Anna Maria Genuise, making tutus for the Royal Ballet School and Birmingham Royal Ballet (and a few festive days before Christmas making Nutcracker tutus too!). October was filled with glitter and beads at Gwen Russell's studio making costumes for Disney's musical 'Aladdin'.

During November and December I was the Associate Costume Supervisor on the 'The Haunting of Hill House' for the Liverpool Playhouse, working with supervisor Helen Johnson and designer Gabrielle Dalton. I had a lot of fun sourcing as well as making costumes - here are the nightdress and 1950s pyjamas I made for principals Eleanor and Theo.


We had some exciting news just before Christmas... 'Edmond', the short animation that I co-designed and made costumes for with Eva Roelfs won Best Short Film at the British Independent Film Awards! How great to see everyone's hard work recognised! Take a look at some stills here: Edmond costumes

In 2016, I am very excited to be creating some more costumes for the Much Hadham Forge Museum - this time WW1 themed. Have a look here at the Tudor costumes I made for them a little while back!
I will be posting about my journey making these costumes as the project develops, so keep an eye out for coming posts.

If you would like bespoke costumes made in 2016, do get in touch! Costumes are a great way to engage audiences and visitors and add a special touch to any exhibition, event or party to make it extra memorable. Scroll through the blog for inspiration and get in contact through the 'Contact' link above!

No comments:

Post a Comment